Mount ISO file as drive
If you have stored data as ISO file, you can mount this ISO file as drive and view the files included. This allows you to copy files folders from the ISO file onto existing drives. Making changes to the mounted virtual hard disk of the ISO file, such as deleting or adding files, however, is not possible.
- Open Tools in the menu bar and select the option Mount ISO file as drive.
- Select the ISO file (*.iso), of which you want to mount the content as drive.
- After selecting the ISO file, click on Mount ISO file. If you want to label it with a certain letter, you can select another letter from the list.
- Refreshing can take a few moments.
- The virtual drive from the ISO file will then be visible as a regular drive in the Windows Explorer.
Tip: If you want the virtual drive to be also visible in the drive list of O&O DiskImage, make sure to enable a check next to Include CD and DVD drives under Program settings/General and click on Show drives not able to be imaged under View.
Note: After restarting from Windows, the virtual drive is removed automatically from the drive list.
Select ISO file