Enter the following settings under Start/Program settings/Security:
- If you have not yet created a database, click on Create database.
- Enter any password you’d like and confirm your entry. This password will then be encrypted and filed. In order to encrypt the password, a new one will be generated that is composed of two parts: public (Public Key) and private (Private Key). This ensures that you are the only one who can open and read the password file. The O&O DiskImage Service will have automatic access to this password as well.
- Then, click on Add in the security dialog.
- Under Computer/Folder enter the path under which the image is to be saved, or from where it is supposed to be loaded from: \\Computer name\Folder name or Domain name\Folder name\User name. Alternatively, you can also enter the computer name only, if all the sharing options can be opened by the selected user.
- You have to enter a qualified name of a user account while entering the user name. For example, the corresponding domain for the specific domain account has to be entered and covered, e.g. domain\user1 or User1@domain
- Enter the network password of the user, or of his user account. Please keep in mind that the user under which you login has to hold access rights for the target or original folder. You can check for them under Properties in the corresponding target directory under Security.
- Optionally, you can also add descriptions to the credentials.
- After the authentication, you can, for instance, enter a new “network path” as saving location and also restore an image from there.
Additional information is available in chapter Frequent questions on authentication. You can find a detailed explanation of the most important registry entries under Explanation of registry entries.