In the menu bar under Help/Check for Updates you can check, if your program version is updated or a newer version is available.
If there is a new program version, you will be able to update your version. If you decide to upgrade, download the current program version from our website under (Downloads) and save the installation file on your computer.
Tip: Under Help/About O&O DiskImage you can see your license data and the number of your program version.
So-called “Minor Updates” (Version 5.0 to 5.1, 5.2, etc.), where smaller changes in the program have been made, are free. “Major-Updates”, such as from version 5 to 6, must generally be purchased.
- Start the new installation by double-clicking on the new installation file and follow the dialogs.
- Your license data will normally be saved during Minor Updates so you won’t have to enter them again after a successful installation. To be on the safe side, we do recommend keeping your license key for the current version within easy reach – just in case you run into trouble.
- “Major Updates” will require the new license that you receive upon purchasing the software.
To install an update, please do the following:
- Double-click the O&O DiskImage installation file to start the new installation.
- Follow the installation dialogs.
- Once finished, the new version is fully installed.
- Please restart your computer when prompted.
- Please enter your license key in the Registration Wizard at the first start of O&O DiskImage. If you don’t own a valid O&O DiskImage license key, you can use O&O DiskImage as a trial version for a limited time.
Important! If you are using O&O DiskImage from a network and performing a major update, you will need to copy the password file if you want to use the automatic authentication. After a full installation and the restart, you will need to place the password file in the DiskImage default folder. After a restart, the password management has to be started and the password has to be entered for the password file. The required initializations will be run and automatic authentication continues to be possible.